Whether it be Facebook, Twitter or any other social platform, all are smoothly accessible from the web but WhatsApp was lagging behind in this pace. Looking at the needs of a significant group of users, the latest updated version of WhatsApp come up with the addition of WhatsApp web feature in its menu. WhatsApp web allows you to enjoy all the functions of WhatsApp from sending a text to videos except few features like you can’t check the viewers of your status bar or sharing of contacts. Mods like YoWhatsApp has also added this feature. You guys must’ve observed the option of ‘WhatsApp Web’, which most of us have skipped to jump on settings.
WhatsApp web is the recent feature that allows its users to mirror all their WhatsApp contacts on their computer system. It’s basically a web version of WhatsApp but slightly different than that of other social accounts as WhatsApp operates through the valid mobile number. So now with WhatsApp web, you can check your urgent texts and reply to them while working on MS office or replying to an email without touching your phone. Today we’re writing for our readers who’re desperately looking for the web version of WhatsApp, covering the whole nine yards about it.
All About WhatsApp Web That You Should Know
WhatsApp is on the top of all messaging applications but it’s annoying & time-consuming to switch between phone and PC every time when your WhatsApp pop up a message. WhatsApp web is the perfect solution to this, which is the web client or can be said an extension of WhatsApp to the web browser but that’s not enough to know about it. Let’s dive into some more details on this.
Features of WhatsApp Web
To know more about WhatsApp web, it’s good to go through its features in order to take full advantage of it. Take a look:
- It works only on Google Chrome.
- Works best with latest WhatsApp version.
- Your phone must be connected with the active internet. To reduce data usage, you may connect to Wi-Fi.
- One needs to have an existing WhatsApp account. You can’t sign up a new account with this web extension.
- It’s a secure process to mirror your WhatsApp conversation through the web
- Receivers wouldn’t know you’re using phone or web to text them.
- All those text or media you’ve exchanged through a web browser would also be saved to your phone.
- You can use the attachment feature for sending images, documents, videos, and
- You can also create new groups or left existing groups.
- WhatsApp web is for a temporary Your messages and media files wouldn’t save on your computer; it’ll be available as long as you’re using the web.
- It enables quick typing making use of a keyboard.
Get Started With WhatsApp Web
Now that you know about this amazing WhatsApp web feature, it’s high time to find out the answer of how to get started with WhatsApp web. We’ve broken down the entire process of synchronizing your WhatsApp on the web, into few quick and easy steps. Take a look:
- Open WhatsApp on your PC or laptop. You may either download the WhatsApp desktop app from Microsoft store or simply visit whatsapp.com.
- You’ll see a QR code on your computer screen.
- Now, take your phone and open the WhatsApp
- Tap the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of your app screen.
- Choose the 3rd option, ‘WhatsApp web’.
- Now, go back to whatsapp.com on your computer and scan the QR code.
Soon all your WhatsApp contacts and chat heads will be synchronized on your desktop and you’ll be able to enjoy all the features of your WhatsApp over the web.
Logout of WhatsApp from The Web
When you choose to log on WhatsApp web, your WhatsApp account is basically running on both of your devices – phone and desktop. From security aspects, it’s quite important to log out from the WhatsApp web, when your purpose of switching on the web gets resolved. Just spare a few more seconds to log out from your computer to escape from tragic consequences. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open WhatsApp from your phone.
- Go to Menu. (Tap those 3 vertical dots at the top right corner of your app screen)
- Choose the option of ‘WhatsApp web’.
- Since you’re already login, instead of QR code, you’ll be shown the option of log out.
- Tap on ‘Logout from all computers’.
Voila! In this way, you can log out from all the computers, you’ve ever logged in. If you skip or forget to log out from WhatsApp web version, it would remain logged in, which means that anyone who uses the same computer can access all your WhatsApp contacts. So, it’s very crucial to log out of desktop version, especially if you’re using a public computer.
WhatsApp web is the most awaited feature for its users who were expecting its desktop application. At the onset, users were missing WhatsApp’s web version which later on added by the developers in the form of WhatsApp web to offer the amazing and secure web extension for desktop folks. It’s absolutely free and safe to use with QR coding. Our blog has covered everything about WhatsApp web in this piece of information, if you still face any issue in mirroring WhatsApp on the web, you may either visit the WhatsApp web support or simply write to us in the comment box below. Also, do let us know your experience of using WhatsApp web or if we’ve missed out something here.